Wednesday, August 08, 2007

it feels like the north pole

I am absolutely freezing!!!!!!!!
You know it's too cold when the hairs on the back of your neck stand up! It sucks being next to surgery! it's always freezing!
I work in radiology at a hospital. I love our radiologists, because they so laid back, cool and are just human. They always have a good attitude, and they show that they appreciate my work I do. Sometimes though, I wonder with some people that work in the hospital. Like nurses for example!
If I'm dying, they know how to save my life, know what meds I need, and have ears like an eagle. but for they life of them can't figure out how to find a result in a computer.
My favorite question:
" I need a result on this patient "

Did you look in synapse? ( the program where the result would be in )

How do you get in to synapse?

You click on synapse on the desktop.
- after finding the patient
- and the right exam

Does it say dictated next to the exam?

no.

so it hasn't been read yet.

when do you think it will be read?

It just depends on the radiologist, and the 5 traumas that just came in.

ok.

* an hour later *

hey it's blah blah from floor blah blah

has that exam been read yet?

Did you look in synapse?

how do you do it again?

** sigh**


I was on the phone with the transcriptist, she told me she lost her cell phone.

how are we suppose to get a hold of you?

just email me

yeahhhhhh........that doesn't make me feel safe.

I'll just fax you

ok

Yeah work has it's moments. When i arrive at work at three, everyone in the front office leaves at 3:30. then the film library ( where they hold all the actual films ) person leaves at 4:30 or 5. So when the front office is busy, and the film library is busy, I'm screwed!
I believe the only reason I'm still in the front office in radiology is because of the radiologists. They are the reason I come to work everyday. I know they will need my help, and they know I will drop everything and help them. They make sure that I know they appreciate my help.

No comments: