Wednesday, August 08, 2007

sleeping pattern


I believe the only one in my family who understand my sleep pattern is my mom. everyone else is like " why do you sleep in so late? " " it's past ten in the morning, why does she always sleep soo late?"

What the family does not understand, it that I have always been a night owl. I work a shift at my job from 3pm-1130pm four days during the week, and every other weekend. So get home around 1145, sometimes 12, it just depends on how crazy the shift was. So I get home and don't go to sleep right away. I'm not tired. I have to unwind after my work shift. It's not a normal job! If I'm at work alone cover two part of the department and their both busy, I'm coming home wiped and numb, but not tired. So coming home I watch Jay Leno and Conan O' Brien and try to relax. I don't eat any more when I get home, because that caused a major acid reflux problem, plus I'm trying to lose weight.
After both programs, I switch on a movie and play clue or monopoly on my phone for a while, and then when I get tired I go to bed. If I try to go to bed when I'm NOT tired, there is hell to pay! I'm up all night not tired, and frustrated because I can't get to sleep. In situations like this, I sometimes text my friend Sean, because he is an night owl like I am. We usually talk until we are tired, which is usually until the sun come up.
Now when I worked at Disneyland, I didn't have a problem with relaxing before going to bed. I would barley change out of my clothes and then fall/crash into my bed. With Disneyland, you were on your feet for 12 and a half hours everyday. And for me, it meant I had to spiel on my ride and be on my feet for almost 12 and a half hours everyday. Also the thing is I didn't just live around the corner from Disneyland. I lived thirty minutes away. So I would get home after almost a 13 hour day, sometimes more because of traffic. Yeah, I would unwind in the car to Bobby Darin, and then by the time I hit home, I would be tired.
After Disneyland, I went back to the eight hours of work at the hospital. I was at a point where I couldn't sleep at all! The only way I would fall asleep, was with sleeping pills. Then after a argument with my mom. We figured out my schedule, and if I'm getting home so late, then getting up before 8 was just crazy. No later than ten, my mom and I both agreed.
So, yeah! My mom and my doctor really only understand my sleeping schedule.

10 pounds so far lost! P.S. don't ask about the picture I found it in my email and thought
it was funny!

No comments: