Monday, July 08, 2013

Valentine Candy.....or Boxing gloves?



 Oh, Miss Cordelia Drexel Biddle,
I thought I knew you well!
But now, Miss Cordelia Drexel Biddle, I just can't tell.
 Are you Valentine candy, or boxing gloves?
Lately you seem very strange... What in the world's coming over you?
Everything's starting to change.
Are you sonnets by Shelley, or rover boys? Once, any answer would do...
Why are you suddenly wondering, which kind of someone are you?
Is a boy meant to spar with, or gaze at a star with?
Should you kiss him, or blacken his eye?
Now if he buys you roses, a right to the nose is really not quite the proper reply...
You're so lost in the middle of in-between.
Is your destiny canvas, or crêpe de Chine?
Will you someday be someone that somebody loves?
 Are you Valentine candy... or boxing gloves?




I have been singing this song to Kaden since she was two months old. Now this is the only song that will calm her down. It's now kaden's song. :)

No comments: