Wednesday, July 11, 2007

A Midnight showing



Last night, a.k.a this morning my friend jenny and I got to see Harry Potter and the order of the phoenix. We got our tickets for the Imax showing about a month or so ago. Now let me fill you in about this premiere.
Now we are talking about die hard fans that come to this showing. Which is actually kinda cool. People dressed up in their costumes of their character, or their favorite house. I got dressed up in my Dumberdore Army t- shirt, and my Hufflepuff scarf. I know, I know, lammmmeeee! I do not care though! I got in line about 6/7 0' clock. When I was walking to the end of the end,( which was wrapped around the 24 hour fitness) It looked like people had gotten there that morning to stand in line. This was just as bad as the star wars premiere I went to. There were chairs, blankets, blow up mattresses, people were ready!
I got in line first, then Jenny joined me with presents. Hooray! Love presents! Jenny showed up in a Gryffindor tank top. The funniest thing about standing in line, was that the people in front of me were all cast members from Disneyland. Around 9:30, one of the managers came by, and started telling everyone in line that they are going to let us in about in a half in hour. Which means that if you have any furniture with you, you have to go put it in your car. Gosh! Quickest half ever! Once all the furniture was gone, and the line started moving, it got everyone riped and roaring. When jenny and my self got in the actual theater, it was complete madness. Jenny has a knee injury, so we were able to snag sweet spots on the top dead center. They let that Imax line two hours in before the movie started. Complete maddess! People were saving rows of seats for people that weren't even there. That didn't go over too well. Let's just say, the managers had a lot of problems because of it. At one point while waiting, it felt like we were at our graduation again. People brought blow up beach balls and started tossing them in the crowd. There was hugh excitement when the second beach ball was brought into play.
Once it became five minutes until midnight, the whole theater wild and excited. Someone would announce every minute it became close to Harry Potter, and once it became midnight, everyone went wild!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




the theater announced that there would only be a time to put on the glasses, but no one heard it because we were all going wild with excitement. For this Harry potter movie, I was not at all disappointed, they did a amazing movie, and the 3D part made the most important part of the movie even more awesome.

Seeing a Midnight showing makes it more special because no one in the theater has see the movie before. So the whole crowd claps and cheers and has a great time during the movie, because they would not be there if they did not want to really see this movie. The whole experience of seeing the Harry Potter movie was amazing, which made it even more special because of the crowd I saw it with.

1 comment:

Ange said...

Wow. That's amazing. I want to hear more about it.
Love the new blog look....and LOVE that you're blogging!!!