Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The DMV


November 14,2006

I went to the Laguna Hills DMV. The line to get your ticket was out the door when I arrived. Knowing that I was going to be in line forever, I decided to call my friend Adrian. Within 5 minutes of being on the phone with him, I had to get off because of the commotion going on out side. While you are in line for your ticket for your placement of being seen, and taken care of, there are two huge windows on your left side. When reaching the first window, there was this commotion going on outside. It was between a black Sabb and a pedestian. Basically this is what happened....... in front of the DMV.......
The pedestian was crossing the street, and the black Sabb was driving towards the pedestain. When the car reaches the pedestain, the car slows down, but doesn't stop. The pedestain is basically less than a half a foot from the sidewalk, but stops in the road and doesn't go on the saidewalk. Instead of the car stopping altogether ( which he should have done ), the sabb dedices to go around the pedestain, but misses! The pedestain's leg is swiped by the car, but not enough to make him fall over. What does the pedestain do..... turns around and throws the drink he had in his hand at the black Sabb. Doesn't the car stop then? NOPE! While the car is still moving ( very slow mind you), the passager on the black Sabb says something out the window . Then the driver of the car stops, and gets out to start yelling at the pedstain for throwing the drink.
About five minutes of the yelling, the black Sabb drove off. While the pedesatin sat on the bench out out the DMV, someone from the DMV brought out a actual photograph taken in fron of the DMV. About ten minutes after the photo was given, reflective lights where mirrored all the inside of the building. Apparently, he guy in the black Sabb called the cops on the pedestain. A fire truck and a motorcylce cop came. By this time I got my ticket and went to the window to go watch, along with the rest of the DMV. The fire truck left, because there was no reason for them to be there. A second motorcycle cop came and after that, the shariff came.

The shariff pulled out what looked like measuring tape, and this thing that looked like an old fashion lawn mower. Of course these things were for measuring the ground and distance. Unfortunely my number was called and by the time I was done, all the cops were gone, including the pedstain and the black Sabb. So I've learned the DMV is the most boring place most of the time. Sometimes though, awesome drama happens which makes your 20 thousand hour wait a little more exicting!

No comments: